Orcworm.co.uk
This fucker. - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off-topic (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: This fucker. (/showthread.php?tid=1491)

Pages: 1 2

RE: This fucker. - DoughnutSpanker - 03-15-2012

For example, I had no idea what that was. I've even seen Iron Man, I didn't remember that the computer had a name.

RE: This fucker. - Paradox74 - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 04:10 PM)GoDjMike Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 12:57 PM)Paradox74 Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 06:02 AM)GoDjMike Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 02:13 AM)Paradox74 Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 02:01 AM)MrKrellyn Wrote: You coulda let them keep wondering, sweety! :c
Assumming we didn't already know.

You can't categorize all people that read this thread into a group that knows what that picture even is.
Sure I can, I just did.

Yes you can, but it wouldn't be a true statement. Tongue
Did I say every one knew? Did I say that the "we" who know are all from this forum? Did I specify who "we" was? NO, so how can it be a false statement?

RE: This fucker. - GoDjMike - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 04:29 PM)Paradox74 Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 06:02 AM)GoDjMike Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 02:13 AM)Paradox74 Wrote: Assumming we didn't already know.
You can't categorize all people that read this thread into a group that knows what that picture even is.
Sure I can, I just did.
Did I say every one knew? Did I say that the "we" who know are all from this forum? Did I specify who "we" was? NO, so how can it be a false statement?

If you don't specify a plural word, how is anyone supposed to understand what you're talking about? It's a false statement because neither I nor anyone else alive can read your mind. Right up to your last sentence there you contradict yourself by not realizing what I just said above.
Example: "We all know how to do that" -- 'We all know' would constitute a consensus between all people in that situation of knowing something, although that cannot be determined by simply saying it's true.
Example 2: "All Islamics are terrorists" -- 'All' another example of a plural word being used to categorize an entire group of people inaccurately.
Example 3: "We all know how to tie our shoes" -- 'We all know'(again) would mean that all people know how to tie shoes, although in reality, some may not.

I'm not the one making assumptions here.

RE: This fucker. - Paradox74 - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 04:38 PM)GoDjMike Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 06:02 AM)GoDjMike Wrote: You can't categorize all people that read this thread into a group that knows what that picture even is.
Sure I can, I just did.

If you don't specify a plural word, how is anyone supposed to understand what you're talking about? It's a false statement because neither I nor anyone else alive can read your mind. Right up to your last sentence there you contradict yourself by not realizing what I just said above.
Example: "We all know how to do that" -- 'We all know' would constitute a consensus between all people in that situation of knowing something, although that cannot be determined by simply saying it's true.
Example 2: "All Islamics are terrorists" -- 'All' another example of a plural word being used to categorize an entire group of people inaccurately.
Example 3: "We all know how to tie our shoes" -- 'We all know'(again) would mean that all people know how to tie shoes, although in reality, some may not.

But I didn't say "we all" did I?

RE: This fucker. - GoDjMike - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 04:56 PM)Paradox74 Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 12:57 PM)Paradox74 Wrote: Sure I can, I just did.

'Assuming we didn't already know'

'We' is the plural word being used. If you're going to argue analytics, at least make some good points instead of pointing out so called 'specificity flaws' which mean nothing because we're talking about the concept and not the specifics of 'I used this word not this one.....herpaderp'. I believe the correct term for that is an implication which is being used in your statement.

RE: This fucker. - MrKrellyn - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 05:41 PM)GoDjMike Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 04:56 PM)Paradox74 Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 04:10 PM)GoDjMike Wrote: Yes you can, but it wouldn't be a true statement. Tongue

'Assuming we didn't already know'

'We' is the plural word being used. If you're going to argue analytics, at least make some good points instead of pointing out so called 'specificity flaws' which mean nothing because we're talking about the concept and not the specifics of 'I used this word not this one.....herpaderp'. I believe the correct term for that is an implication which is being used in your statement.

Paradox, face it, you're done, haha. You should buy a camel next time, that way people won't see you as the dick you are <3.

Also, loveyloves, Mikey <3

RE: This fucker. - PureCraft - 03-15-2012

Sandniggers: the thread