Orcworm.co.uk
Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Cities and Projects (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Mega Project: Yggdrasil (/showthread.php?tid=1538)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 03-21-2012

(03-20-2012, 11:13 PM)MrKrellyn Wrote: You made me realize that a lot of the town lore in Ragnarok Online is based on Norse mythology. Thanks <3

Not only that, but you actualy get to see Yggdrasil, travel to Niflheim and even find a portal to Alfheim where you face Nidhoggr.
Also, lets not forget about the temple of odin with the valkyries.
And the city Rachel that worships Freya.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - MrKrellyn - 03-21-2012

(03-21-2012, 12:02 AM)NeroTheDarklord Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 11:13 PM)MrKrellyn Wrote: You made me realize that a lot of the town lore in Ragnarok Online is based on Norse mythology. Thanks <3

Not only that, but you actualy get to see Yggdrasil, travel to Niflheim and even find a portal to Alfheim where you face Nidhoggr.
Also, lets not forget about the temple of odin with the valkyries.
And the city Rachel that worships Freya.

And all the Yggdrasil seeds filling up my inventory all the fucking time!

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - sieve - 03-21-2012

psst. hey. [spoiler]donar oak[/spoiler]

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - John_Axe - 03-21-2012

I wanna help. I will help with building and ill use my own resources and give them for project. (will u make treetop of jungle leaves? i think that would be better)

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Sithun - 03-21-2012

Move this thread to projects?

EDIT:
OK, so i had a look around the outside of the tree. First off, id like to say that the ground outside doesn't need much flattening. Some flattening can be done to "erode" the sharp edges of the area. But it will look positively wicked when we have a couple of roots covering up some of it.

Secondly, My idea is that the roots of the tree should stretch from the ground up to about 1 / 4 th of the trees height. I dunno if we are running with the "3 roots of yggdrasil" but that should not be hard to accomplish.

Thirdly, the branches should start around 1 / 3rd of up the tree, and they are most easily accomplished by building a LARGE leafless branch of only logs, interspersed with blocks of dirt, on which you will later plant and grow trees. Lastly, take a few stacks of leaves and populate the rest of the branch where appropriate.

That is all i have to say atm.

(03-21-2012, 05:37 PM)Sithun Wrote: Move this thread to projects?

Done

Also, do you want the branches to look literally like the 1st post illustration? Or is the illustration more like a general map of where the districts are in relation to each other?

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Paradox74 - 03-21-2012

Im assuming that is just for reference as that is just one artists interpretation of what it looks like. If you google it there are hundreds of drawings of it and different interpretations.

My question still stands until i get a proper response from Nero. Its still possible to make the project look literally just like that.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Paradox74 - 03-21-2012

Yes it is possible but where is the fun in copying something exactly when it is so open to the builders/creators ideas/interpretations.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - The_Music_Man - 03-21-2012

If I remember my Norse, and I might, wasn't there an area under the tree held up by roots where the Norse equivelent of *hell*spawn were?

(03-21-2012, 06:32 PM)Sithun Wrote: Also, do you want the branches to look literally like the 1st post illustration? Or is the illustration more like a general map of where the districts are in relation to each other?

No i dont want an exact copy of this image ingame.
It really is just for reference so you get an idea how its supposed to be imagined.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - alexasaro - 03-23-2012

I'd gladly taclke Alfenheim and Nifleheim for you. I make rather good looking natural/senic areas, but I may need a little assistance for the things I've thought of for Nifleheim.

EDIT: I'll also help with making tyhe tree itself look better.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Koalajo - 03-23-2012

I'll gladly help.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 03-23-2012

(03-23-2012, 02:57 PM)alexasaro Wrote: I'd gladly taclke Alfenheim and Nifleheim for you. I make rather good looking natural/senic areas, but I may need a little assistance for the things I've thought of for Nifleheim.

EDIT: I'll also help with making tyhe tree itself look better.

We have set up teams for each norse world, so you definetly will not be alone.
Which one would you prefer to work on?
Alfheim or Niflheim?

(03-23-2012, 06:57 PM)Koalajo Wrote: I'll gladly help.

And what would you like to do?