Orcworm.co.uk
Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Cities and Projects (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Mega Project: Yggdrasil (/showthread.php?tid=1538)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 05-02-2012

(05-02-2012, 12:52 PM)charles471 Wrote: Err, I guess I could donate some materials...

Good. Do you have regular or dark logs? We need those the most.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Chazdude42 - 05-03-2012

O.o I live next to a pine forest, I can easily farm a lot of darkwood, I'm good at farming :3

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Sammeh48 - 05-05-2012

(05-02-2012, 10:55 AM)NeroTheDarklord Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 07:13 PM)Sammeh48 Wrote: Nero shouldt i take over the spot from felswarm Tongue

Fels is the one who owns the zone.

(05-01-2012, 12:23 PM)Chazdude42 Wrote: When i'm done with my basement i'll get back to working on this...

What was it I had to do again?

Just teleport inside the tree and look at the team boards.
But actually, the organization has become very spongy by now.

fail from me maybe i can set my zone on it though if it isnt more than 150x150 blocks lol
You might aswell just do whatever still needs to be done, no matter where.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 05-14-2012

Okay, chaps. Paradox was so kind as to finish what epicfrazz failed to do for weeks: digging the tunnel below the tree and create a small junction where the paths split up to the individual underground worlds.
All members of team alfheim, team niflheim and team musplheim can start digging the path to their own city district now and start working on it.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Dig far out, so you have enough space to expand the city without breaking through to another city.
2. Make the tunnel look natural. Give it curves and waves.
3. Team Alfheim and Muspelheim shouldn't dig too low to avoid extra darkness from the bedrock.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 05-23-2012

Ummm.... guys?
I still need help with the project!
I need some chaps to:
-Help building roots
-Help building branches
-Help building the underground worlds

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Paradox74 - 05-23-2012

I've got Nilfheim going, but nilfheim and musplheim still need to be started.
I will also be needing some one who can build a good looking dead tree, I have tried but it never looks good.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 05-24-2012

(05-23-2012, 02:04 PM)Paradox74 Wrote: I've got Nilfheim going, but nilfheim and musplheim still need to be started.
I will also be needing some one who can build a good looking dead tree, I have tried but it never looks good.

Actually I REALLY like how niflheim looks right now.
It has the right feeling!
Just made a small edit... replaced the cobblestone fence with iron fencing.
Now we need plots and more expansion down there, then we can go for decor.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Paradox74 - 05-24-2012

Ok thanks wasn't a big fan of the cobble fence much, I was just using it as a place holder. The lava lake in the back is pretty much the only thing keeping me from expanding right now, but once I get rid of it there should be plenty of room to expand.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - Mr_PushPins - 05-27-2012

Im working on farming Normal/Dark logs... Ill try and get some to you bye today if ur on.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - soulskilledu - 05-28-2012

I'll help build as well as provide supplies.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 06-02-2012

Fuck the elves base on the chaos server...
their tree looks much better than mine

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - alexasaro - 06-04-2012

Because everyone else is too lazy to do it, I've started making the tunnel for Musl- muls- Fire Realm. I'm making the tunnel out of Netherack and Lava. That ok?

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 06-04-2012

(06-04-2012, 12:03 AM)alexasaro Wrote: Because everyone else is too lazy to do it, I've started making the tunnel for Musl- muls- Fire Realm. I'm making the tunnel out of Netherack and Lava. That ok?

Well make it like the other tunnels did it.
Give it the feeling like you are wandering from one world into a different one, by making a smooth transition.
From the main hall, let it go to dirt, then stone, then slowly come with the nether rack, lava and fire.
But while you do this, make sure you can't actually get killed by walking up and down the tunnel.

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - alexasaro - 06-04-2012

Half way Done already, Starting the transition form Netherack to Stone. Jump on and I'll show you

RE: Mega Project: Yggdrasil - NeroTheDarklord - 06-04-2012

(06-04-2012, 12:10 AM)alexasaro Wrote: Half way Done already, Starting the transition form Netherack to Stone. Jump on and I'll show you

Ive seen it.
The tunnel needs a few changes:

-The transition goes way too fast. There isnt even any transition from dirt to stone and just after a few steps theres already the first netherrack block. I started a little but it needs continuation.

-The tunnel itself needs improvement. It doesnt look very natural right now.

-You must dig out much further. At least half the lenght you had so far again. We want to avoid breaking through to another underground world.