Orcworm.co.uk
Favorite Music? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off-topic (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Favorite Music? (/showthread.php?tid=2058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Favorite Music? - mspeers - 05-30-2012

So, I'm just wondering about society these days, and what's your favorite song/singer/genre?

I'm a bit scared about what Nuro and Purecraft's answers may be "Pardon if I forgot someone", but I'm a bit curious.

Mine are people like Billy Joel, Don McLean, etc. The Beatles ofc too. I don't really like modern music, 'cept Coldplay

RE: Favorite Music? - Blake - 05-30-2012

70's Hard Rock (Led Zeppelin), Progressive Rock (Yes, Pink Floyd), some Psychedelic Rock, mainly 60's and 70's stuff.

Basically anything that takes skill to make and isn't made on a synth/computer or lame remixes of songs.
IMO lyrics shouldn't be the main focus of the song unless it's some type of story.

RE: Favorite Music? - mspeers - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 05:34 AM)Blake Wrote: 70's Hard Rock (Led Zeppelin), Progressive Rock (Yes, Pink Floyd), some Psychedelic Rock, mainly 60's and 70's stuff.

Basically anything that takes skill to make and isn't made on a synth/computer or lame remixes of songs.
IMO lyrics shouldn't be the main focus of the song unless it's some type of story.

PINK FLOYD! That's who I forgot.

RE: Favorite Music? - LuminousMouse - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 05:34 AM)Blake Wrote: 70's Hard Rock (Led Zeppelin), Progressive Rock (Yes, Pink Floyd), some Psychedelic Rock, mainly 60's and 70's stuff.

That's why I love you so much <3. You too Mspeers, good taste.
Despite those genres and artists, along with many others unmentioned being unquestionably #1, I have grown to love some acceptable modern genres such as Dubstep and some House. Some music I absolutely can't stand: Rap, a good amount of Country, and most mainstream Pop music.

RE: Favorite Music? - some_ranger1 - 05-30-2012

Death Metal, Black Metal almost all music really
Agalloch, Heidevolk, Gorgoroth, Equilibrium, Kalmah, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum,
Kataklysm, Nazgul, Dimmu borgir, Bloodbath, Whispered, immemorial, Woods of Ypres, TYR, Alestorm, Aeveron, Iron Maiden, In no particular order.
could go on for days
for rap and hip-hop
Eric B and Rakim, KRS-ONE, literates, Nas, The Roots,
days aswell..

RE: Favorite Music? - charles471 - 05-30-2012

Trance, House, and Dubstep. Good music is music that you can relate to. Even though there are hardly any words in electronic music, you can project any image in your head just through the sound. I can't stand rap or hip hop. It sounds the same all the time. I like hearing a fresh, new sound/beat.

RE: Favorite Music? - sieve - 05-30-2012

I like basically everything, but I mostly listen to indie rock, electronica, and classical.

RE: Favorite Music? - DoughnutSpanker - 05-30-2012

I like EDM, House, Trance, Hardstyle, Hard Dance, SOME Dubstep (wore myself out on it, it just annoys me these days lol) Classic Rock, Indie, Country, so pretty much anything but rap. Can't stand that shit.

RE: Favorite Music? - MrKrellyn - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 01:29 PM)DoughnutSpanker Wrote: I like EDM, House, Trance, Hardstyle, Hard Dance, Dubstep, Classic Rock, Country

along with

Electro, Electronica, Electroshock, Drumstep, Smoothstep, Drum 'n Bass, Liquid Dubstep, Liquid Drum 'N Bass, Happy Hardcore, Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Metalcore, Progressive Rock.

RE: Favorite Music? - MrNadapader - 05-30-2012

I have a huge variety of music tastes...mostly Techno/Dubstep.
Artists: Deadmau5, Skrillex, Coldplay. Mainly just these three of the top of my head.

RE: Favorite Music? - TheAndrewTaco - 05-30-2012

Dubstep. Nothing else matters.

RE: Favorite Music? - GoDjMike - 05-30-2012

>skrillex

>country music

Dear god. Please no.

Anyways: Indie, Dubstep, Trance, Progressive Rock, Alternative (There's only a few good alternative bands).

RE: Favorite Music? - Killerdonkey - 05-30-2012

I like all music except classical, rock, metal, heavy metal, country western, dubstep, rap or anything with ponies in it.

RE: Favorite Music? - sieve - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 01:29 PM)DoughnutSpanker Wrote: anything but rap. Can't stand that shit.

X GONE GIVE IT TO YA
HE GONE GIVE IT TO YA
X GONE GIVE IT TO YA
HE GONE GIVE IT TO YA
X GONE GIVE IT TO YA
HE GONE GIVE IT TO YA
X GONE GIVE IT TO YA
HE GONE GIVE IT TO YA
X GONE GIVE IT TO YA
HE GONE GIVE IT TO YA
X GONE GIVE IT TO YA
HE GONE GIVE IT TO YA

RE: Favorite Music? - mspeers - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 02:31 PM)MrNadapader Wrote: I have a huge variety of music tastes...mostly Techno/Dubstep.
Artists: Deadmau5, Skrillex, Coldplay. Mainly just these three of the top of my head.

Really? When I told you about a coldplay song, you were like "WHATS THE BIG FUCKIN DEAL ABOUT COLDPLAY"