Orcworm.co.uk
Favorite Music? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off-topic (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Favorite Music? (/showthread.php?tid=2058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Favorite Music? - charles471 - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 05:34 AM)Blake Wrote: 70's Hard Rock (Led Zeppelin), Progressive Rock (Yes, Pink Floyd), some Psychedelic Rock, mainly 60's and 70's stuff.

Basically anything that takes skill to make and isn't made on a synth/computer or lame remixes of songs.
IMO lyrics shouldn't be the main focus of the song unless it's some type of story.

There is talent in electronic music... Producers spend more hours in the studio making music than you do sleeping. If they have no talent, then how are they making millions of dollars each year?

RE: Favorite Music? - Blake - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 07:20 PM)charles471 Wrote: There is talent in electronic music... Producers spend more hours in the studio making music than you do sleeping. If they have no talent, then how are they making millions of dollars each year?

Money doesn't determine talent.

RE: Favorite Music? - mspeers - 05-30-2012

You beat me to it, blake. Today's society can make anyone rich, talented or no. Do you think Justin Bieber has talent? Well, he makes millions.

RE: Favorite Music? - sieve - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 07:20 PM)charles471 Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 05:34 AM)Blake Wrote: 70's Hard Rock (Led Zeppelin), Progressive Rock (Yes, Pink Floyd), some Psychedelic Rock, mainly 60's and 70's stuff.

Basically anything that takes skill to make and isn't made on a synth/computer or lame remixes of songs.
IMO lyrics shouldn't be the main focus of the song unless it's some type of story.

There is talent in electronic music... Producers spend more hours in the studio making music than you do sleeping. If they have no talent, then how are they making millions of dollars each year?

[Image: 2po8gtz.jpg]

RE: Favorite Music? - MrKrellyn - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 07:46 PM)Blake Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 07:20 PM)charles471 Wrote: There is talent in electronic music... Producers spend more hours in the studio making music than you do sleeping. If they have no talent, then how are they making millions of dollars each year?

Money doesn't determine talent.

Yeah, the argument he made was contradictory LOL.

RE: Favorite Music? - charles471 - 05-30-2012

Well, you have to renowned to get hired and make the money as a music producer. Blake's right, money doesn't determine talent, but from an artists standpoint, you are not working under a CEO or anything. You have to make good enough music so people will pay you to perform at their club or whatever it might be.

RE: Favorite Music? - Blake - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 08:32 PM)charles471 Wrote: Well, you have to renowned to get hired and make the money as a music producer. Blake's right, money doesn't determine talent, but from an artists standpoint, you are not working under a CEO or anything. You have to make good enough music so people will pay you to perform at their club or whatever it might be.

But usually money is second in making music...
You make music because you like to jam or w/e, or you want to experiment with how stuff sounds. If your only goal in making music is the profit, then you'll probably have some sucky music.

RE: Favorite Music? - DoughnutSpanker - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 06:39 PM)sieve Wrote: -snippity-

-YOSWARM-

Guess I should have been more specific. I hate modern rap, older rap isn't too bad.

Also,
[Image: 11vnzh0.png]

That was on the comment's on the video I posted.

RE: Favorite Music? - sieve - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 08:32 PM)charles471 Wrote: Well, you have to renowned to get hired and make the money as a music producer. Blake's right, money doesn't determine talent, but from an artists standpoint, you are not working under a CEO or anything. You have to make good enough music so people will pay you to perform at their club or whatever it might be.

[Image: 2rps5t5.jpg]

RE: Favorite Music? - PureCraft - 05-31-2012

(05-30-2012, 02:31 PM)MrNadapader Wrote: I have a huge variety of music tastes...mostly Techno/Dubstep.
Artists: Deadmau5, Skrillex, Coldplay. Mainly just these three of the top of my head.

You are all that is wrong in this world.
Burn in hell.

Hardstyle, House.

RE: Favorite Music? - GoDjMike - 05-31-2012

To quote someone we all love:
thebadhatter Wrote:BURN THE TRANSGRESSORS!

RE: Favorite Music? - DoughnutSpanker - 05-31-2012

<3 HATTER

RE: Favorite Music? - Krios101 - 05-31-2012

Iron Maiden, Avenged sevenfold, Blink 182, A little bit of green day, BFMV, A day to remember, Dragonforce, Hammerfall, Cauterize, Children of bodom and that is it for me :p

And I pretty much burn anything that slightly resembles anything techno, Rap, pop, Wubzstep, pretty much anything that isn't punk/Power metal/metal/ rock.

RE: Favorite Music? - MonstaBoi - 06-02-2012

Everything that isn't 3/4 of rap and country music.
Specifically: Moombahcore, house, hardstyle, dubstep(subgenres n shit), prog. rock, (rock) chiptune, minimalist, electro/most all electronic subgenres
Datsik, deadmau5, excision, all of monstercat media, simgretina, crookers, pryda, frank-e, headhunterz, wildstylez, mord fustang,
kaskade, anamanaguchi, stuff along those lines.

RE: Favorite Music? - me_nakamura - 06-03-2012

Hmm... I gotta say a piano tribute to a good band, or the Infinity Blade soundtrack. Those are good in my opinion. Plus also, you get to hear the music of the Infinity Blade soundtrack in the actual app, Infinity Blade, AND Infinity Blade II.