Orcworm.co.uk
Hi 173penguin here - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introductions / Farewells (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Hi 173penguin here (/showthread.php?tid=2136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Hi 173penguin here - MrNadapader - 06-22-2012

(06-22-2012, 05:42 AM)173penguin Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 03:22 AM)sieve Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 01:42 AM)173penguin Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 12:18 AM)MrNadapader Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 08:09 PM)173penguin Wrote: That's the point of Creepypasta.
BLEEP! that, play minecraft (on a better computer I might add-not that shitty mac you call a computer)
P.S. Don't care if the mac was free from your moms work, it's still a mac, as horrible as ever. If you ask "Where's your proof? hur der herp derp" I'm sure many people on this forum would be happy to tell you

At least I don't have a Linx. and what do you mean play minecraft on a better computer all I have is a PC that still runs on xp, cant stay unplugged for more than 5 minutes, and is in spanish (and you wonder why I think macs are better). I dont have the money to replace that pice of BLEEP!. You cant be talking about better computers you only get 10 fps. Also yes the mac was free (you have a problum with my moms computer tell it to her face) and I don't care what the other users reasons are for not like mac, you still havent given me a straight answer on why they are bad.

If you want me to have a pc I will gladly accept it if you buy it for me.

BTW your sister still has good taste in computers. Macs all the way!

Here is why macs are better (I have given you this before and you refused to watch it) Now why are PCs better? when ever I ask you, your answer is "they just are" you cant even give valid reasons why they are better.

[video=youtube]uwot[/video]

[video=youtube]m8[/video]
[Image: 23w9tf9.png]
>posting apple commercials as proof of Mac's superiority.

Sure is an objective, unbiased source.

The reason PC's are a more favorable choice for most people is because
#1: Apple overcharges for hardware like mad (which isn't an issue for you apparently since your mum got her computer for free.)
#2: Macs are about as closed a system as it gets, so you don't have complete customization like you do with Linux or moderate customization like you do with Windows.
#3: Macs aren't designed to be upgraded so it's much harder to make incremental improvements in hardware (i.e. buy a new gpu rather then a whole new computer).
#4: From a gaming standpoint, Microsoft's Direct X is more widely used (and tends to be faster) then OpenGL, and Windows has a far larger market share, so most games are developed specifically for Windows, then have downscaled versions ported to MacOS.

Furthermore, anecdotal evidence about your experience doesn't prove that Macs are better, it proves that really old computers tend to not be as good as new computers, and that you don't know BLEEP! about configuring Windows XP

tl;dr some kid with poor spelling that I barely know catapulted me into a fit of anal agony, and I saw fit to type up an essay about why he's wrong.

Whatever I learned at school that you can't win an argument about Macs vs PCs. I just posted that because I am pissed off because like every day at school he tells me Macs suck, after 2 years of him doing that it can get anoying.

I'm not the only one here that think Macs suck...
The good things abut a PC is that you can UPGRADE it. and, minecraft wont work on linux, hence i can't play it. i'm playing on xp for now -_- ANNNND, I've told you many reasons why Macs suck, you've just refused to accept it.

RE: Hi 173penguin here - 173penguin - 06-22-2012

Woppty-do I play it on xp too.

You've barly ever used a Mac, how can you say it sucks if you have barley used one. When you see an apple product you act like its the devil, who do you think made that iPod touch you use? Hmmm?
When I asked you if you would take have a free Mac if you didnt have enough money to buy a pc. I know that that is a very unrealalistic situation, but would it really hurt you ego that much to own a Mac, or at least touch one?

RE: Hi 173penguin here - GoDjMike - 06-22-2012

Welcome to our justifiably large community of Mac haters. Tongue

Basically, Apple's business model is what sets them apart from being a decent company worth your time to either invest in stock wise and being a company that patents everything allowing for no innovation to come from their products. Apple patents everything from the white charger cord on your iPod to the touch screen slide unlock function and if anyone else infringes upon that, they sue them. By doing this, they try to create a monopoly by choking out the rest of the competition even if the competition doesn't inherently include people purchasing both Apple and say, PC products. Building upon Sieve's explanation, here are some legitimate reasons to dislike Macintosh computers and Apple.
1.) Apple's business model in theory eliminates all competition leading a to lack of innovation and a decrease in technological advancement in this field.
2.) Mac's OSx and the hardware configuration of Macs do not allow for easy/simple upgrades or customization. With this being said, it forces consumers to purchase completely new products once something new is released; which they do regularly.
3.) The only area where Macs best PCs is in the video editing/graphic design area. Which does not apply to many people. Other than this, the majority of programs are designed for PC not to mention that all popular games are designed for PC as well.
4.) Price to Power ratio. If you give anyone with computer "know-how" the budget of the same price of any Mac, we can build something at least 3 times as powerful. And even twice as much for cheaper.
5.) Underclocking of products forces consumers to upgrade unnecessarily. A great example of this is the 8 GB iPod touch. The 32 and 64 GB versions have faster processors, even though those are also underclocked. They dull down the quality of their products so they seem to not function as well in a shorter period of time. Which relates to #2.

Edit: I have an iPod, and I don't hate it. If I was given a free iPod for example, I would take it and use it. Because those are the best MP3 players out right now. Keep that in mind. Now, if I was given a free Mac computer as you said, I would sell it. Why? Because it's not the best that money can buy. iPod > Sony MP3 Player and likes; PC > Macs. There.

Macs came out first, Bill Gates has said that he copyed the idea for Windows From Mac.

(06-22-2012, 04:40 PM)173penguin Wrote: Macs came out first, Bill Gates has said that he copyed the idea for Windows From Mac.

And what is your point? How do you think innovation works? The essence of human existence is that ideas are shared and modified to find the superior use of that knowledge. Back in 1976 - when Apple was founded, the business model that they had in mind was simplicity and has dramatically changed since. Your point contradicts yourself by showing that Windows bettered whatever idea Bill Gates got from Macintosh because you failed to refute anything I said therefore agreeing with my points that I brought up. Industry cannot successfully exist without innovation.

RE: Hi 173penguin here - DoughnutSpanker - 06-22-2012

Another completely unbiased source. (rolls eyes)

You can't believe everything you read online kid. I doubt you even read what Mike said up there.

Just sit in your ignorance and be ignorant with your Macs while we deal with the more complicated things, like utilizing our hardware.

Macs; simple computers for simple minds

(06-22-2012, 05:29 PM)DoughnutSpanker Wrote: Another completely unbiased source. (rolls eyes)

You can't believe everything you read online kid. I doubt you even read what Mike said up there.

Just sit in your ignorance and be ignorant with your Macs while we deal with the more complicated things, like utilizing our hardware.

That wasn't a source it was just a video

(06-22-2012, 05:29 PM)DoughnutSpanker Wrote: Macs; simple computers for simple minds

The Mac vs. PC debate is very similar to the Xbox/PS3 vs. PC debate. The simplified version of both is this:
Console vs. PC: If you have the money, buy a PC. If you can't afford a PC, Consoles are fine. Just recognize how superior PCs are to Consoles.
Mac vs. PC: If you only need/want a computer for video editing and browsing the internet, I guess Macs are okay since the programs for graphic design are so good on Mac. But if you're not into graphic design, save yourself the trouble of upgrading and save yourself the money by buying a PC.

(06-22-2012, 05:27 PM)GoDjMike Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 04:40 PM)173penguin Wrote: Macs came out first, Bill Gates has said that he copyed the idea for Windows From Mac.

And what is your point? How do you think innovation works? The essence of human existence is that ideas are shared and modified to find the superior use of that knowledge. Back in 1976 - when Apple was founded, the business model that they had in mind was simplicity and has dramatically changed since. Your point contradicts yourself by showing that Windows bettered whatever idea Bill Gates got from Macintosh because you failed to refute anything I said therefore agreeing with my points that I brought up. Industry cannot successfully exist without innovation.

What I'm saying is that macs are the original. The original of something is always better.

(06-22-2012, 05:36 PM)173penguin Wrote: What I'm saying is that macs are the original. The original of something is always better.

Clearly it is not, as I have proven in all of my posts in this thread.
Here are a few examples of how illogical that statement is.
Windows 1.0 vs. Windows 7
Cake mix in a bag vs. Baked cake
Fetus vs. Grown adult

So, you justify all you have just said by....advocating entropy?
Wow.

I hope you all realize that most of my complaints are pointed at Mrnadapadaer

RE: Hi 173penguin here - DoughnutSpanker - 06-22-2012

[Image: tbig.jpg]

The 1908 Model T Ford. 2.9 L Inline 4 cylinder with a whopping 20 horses.
25 MPG. Top Speed = 40 MPH. 2 gear planetary.

[Image: Lexus_LFA_Yellow_Las_Vegas.jpg]

The 2012 Lexus LFA. 4.8 L V10, with 552.6 horsepower.
16 (lolololo) MPG. Top Speed = over 200 MPH, not yet found. 6 Speed automated sequential.

Yeah, the original is always better.

What ever I am just going to stop arguing. I am new and don't want to be known as 173penguin the arguer.

RE: Hi 173penguin here - MrNadapader - 06-22-2012

(06-22-2012, 05:29 PM)DoughnutSpanker Wrote: Another completely unbiased source. (rolls eyes)

+1

RE: Hi 173penguin here - Paradox74 - 06-22-2012

Just gonna give my 2 cents worth on the whole Mac vs Pc thing.
unlike what has been said on here before, macs don't suck, they just aren't the computer that applies/satisfies the needs of our particular type of community. Macs are good computers and can accomplish the tasks that 90% of people need them to do. Most people don't need the powerful computers and all the customization that PCs and Linux allow.
The largest issue with macs is that they are over priced.
I personally own a PC, Mac, and a linux computer, they are all great. I dont use the linux much though(its the least powerful, mostly just there because I had some old parts in the basement). However I use the PC(pretty much just for gaming) just about as much as I do the Mac(pretty much any thing but gaming, taxes, music, even have Microsoft Office on there), because they both work and can accomplish what I need them to do.