Orcworm.co.uk
java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Support (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Technical (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect (/showthread.php?tid=2190)

java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - Mudkip0930 - 07-04-2012

Hi guys, I haven't been on in a LOOONG time, but this is partly why. Whenever trying to log into my minecraft, i get the error java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect or black screen when i press login. Does anyone know what this means? I am using Windows 7, Windows Firewall, and Microsoft Security Essentials. I also have teamviewer if you could help me by using that. Thank you guys alot

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - charles471 - 07-04-2012

Did you try force updating your Minecraft?

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - Mudkip0930 - 07-04-2012

(07-04-2012, 11:03 PM)charles471 Wrote: Did you try force updating your Minecraft?

That gives me Fatal Error occured(yes spelled that way) 4 : Permission denied: connect

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - DoughnutSpanker - 07-05-2012

try just deleting your .minecraft if you have nothing useful and redownload it off http://www.minecraft.net/

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - Mudkip0930 - 07-05-2012

(07-05-2012, 12:44 AM)DoughnutSpanker Wrote: try just deleting your .minecraft if you have nothing useful and redownload it off http://www.minecraft.net/

That gives me Fatal Error occured(yes spelled that way) 4 : Permission denied: connect

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - Chazdude42 - 07-06-2012

Possible causes found within the first page of google:
1) Minecraft is being blocked by your security program.
2) You don't have enough RAM to run minecraft

And some other, more detailed things.

My advice? Google the problem, find a possible solution, try it, if it works then great, if not then try another one. Repeat until it works Tongue

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - Mudkip0930 - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 12:23 PM)Chazdude42 Wrote: Possible causes found within the first page of google:

My advice? Google the problem, find a possible solution, try it, if it works then great, if not then try another one. Repeat until it works Tongue

I have narrowed it down to drivers because it works in safe mode. idk what to do now though
EDIT: i kinda got it working, but it wont do multiplayer

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - TheAndrewTaco - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 04:00 PM)Mudkip0930 Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 12:23 PM)Chazdude42 Wrote: Possible causes found within the first page of google:

I have narrowed it down to drivers because it works in safe mode. idk what to do now though

Your firewall is blocking the connection.

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - Coopdawg - 07-07-2012

this has happened to me many times because i mostly play minecraft on my laptop given to me by my school. Just restart your computer then it should be fine. Smile

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - Mudkip0930 - 07-07-2012

(07-06-2012, 11:52 PM)TheAndrewTaco Wrote:

I let java.exe and javaw.exe through my firewall, what now? Do you have teamviewer? If so could you use it to help me? is Albuca still on the server?

RE: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect - TheAndrewTaco - 07-15-2012

(07-07-2012, 11:58 PM)Mudkip0930 Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 11:52 PM)TheAndrewTaco Wrote:

I let java.exe and javaw.exe through my firewall, what now? Do you have teamviewer? If so could you use it to help me? is Albuca still on the server?

You could just disable the firewall...