Orcworm.co.uk
New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] (/showthread.php?tid=935)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Albuca - 01-24-2012

I bounced this idea off of Orcworm, but he shot down the idea since it involves client side modifications, and most users don't know how to do this properly.
I on the other hand, think you can.

So I figured I would ask you, the Orcworm community, what your thoughts are on a Minecraft Server with client side modifications.

The proposed modifications include:
IndustrialCraft²
RedPower 2
BuildCraft

... Further plugin's as per user input, and ensuring stability and compatibility with the above plugins.

Plugin Descriptions (AKA why they are awesome):

IndustrialCraft²
[Spoiler]This is it. IC², the future of IC.

While playing it, you will feel right at home again, rediscovering most of the stuff known from IC.

However, once you get your machines running, you will quickly notice how smooth and well-designed everything works now.

Wiring is easier, rechargeable batteries, new cables, rubber stuff, new machines, EVERYTHING was added.

Create obstacle courses of Metal Poles and Rubber-Sheets, explore the Nether with an Electrical Jetpack or blow up whole landscapes at once by using the Dynamite-O-Mote.

Or discover the much more complex mechanisms of Nuclear Engineering, blow up your hut or burn your hands.

Or grab the rusty ol' Composite Vest, and start hunting Creepers with the new, all-mighty NanoSaber.

[Image: 2176741.jpg][/spoiler]
BuildCraft
[Spoiler]Buildcraft is a full featured modification ("mod") for Minecraft that adds automated building, automated mining and automated crafting as well as pipe transport and item sorting to the Minecraft experience.

[Image: 23tjhq9.png][/spoiler]
RedPower 2
[spoiler]Redpower... expands and develops redstone into what it should be!
Integrated Circuits with editable options, redstone wiring that is actually wiring and can be run up walls, on the ceiling.... everywhere!
Too many great features for me to list!

[Image: stratagerms_compact_cobble_generator_side_view.jpg][/spoiler]

More Info:
http://www.eloraam.com/ [REDPOWER 2]
http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft_Buildcraft_Wiki [BUILDCRAFT 2]
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/ [INDUSTRIALCRAFT 2]

Let me know what you think!
(Screenshots aren't mine btw)

-Albuca

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Jenius20 - 01-24-2012

EDIT:read the op derp

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Ryoman - 01-24-2012

I had this same idea a while back, but i involved mods like planes, and whatnot. A server with a Mod for every month would be sweet.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - alexasaro - 01-24-2012

Despite how tempting RedPower is to me, I wouldn't get another server for it. It would over use Orc's RAM, and cause lag on the main server. Besides, it probably wouldn't get used like many of his other servers (MC Creative, TF2, etc.)

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - PureCraft - 01-24-2012

>Albuca

>leaving
pick one.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - DoughnutSpanker - 01-24-2012

I'll pick Albuca.

And the only one of those I care for is BuildCraft.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - sieve - 01-24-2012

Who would actually vote for a P2P server over a f2p one?

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Orcworm - 01-24-2012

I would Tongue

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - DCN - 01-24-2012

The logical solution is to create a .minecraft file that everyone can download and they will have the mods, but this will create a ton of lag but redpower i'm all for

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - darkxephos - 01-24-2012

I think this is a great idea. But should only go to donators.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Albuca - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 10:36 PM)DCN Wrote: The logical solution is to create a .minecraft file that everyone can download and they will have the mods, but this will create a ton of lag but redpower i'm all for

Exactly, quite easy in fact. Was my plan on distribution anyways.
As far as lag goes, it doesn't have as much as you would think.
Nor does it take up much ram. You can live comfortably with 1.5 gb with 10 players. Probably less, Ill have to do some research as far as that is concerned.

Now, you also have to remember, last time I checked, Orcworm is running on his server (16gb ram, i7 processor):
Main Minecraft Server
Survival MC
Creative MC
TeamFortress 2
TeamFortress 2 (2nd)
Mysql
Terreria
(Maybe more that I cant remember).

So adding one more small server wont hurt the bottom line, especially since there is only 8gb... I think... reserved for the main server.

IMO, give it a shot for a week, track the usage and give it a shot.
If the players want it, and use it enough for it to be kept up, keep it up.
If not, scrap it, and no harm done.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Jarvisd - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 09:15 PM)PureCraft Wrote: >Albuca

>leaving
pick one.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Albuca - 01-25-2012

(01-24-2012, 11:42 PM)Jarvisd Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 09:15 PM)PureCraft Wrote: >Albuca

>leaving
pick one.

Well aren't you just a little ray of Sunshine.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - MonstaBoi - 01-25-2012

I like the idea.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Killerdonkey - 01-25-2012

Build craft or red power would be fun