Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 01-24-2012

The chaos server as of late has been fairly inactive with very few people playing on there anymore, so I think we need either one of two things;

1: More players playing
The simple solution since looking around besides a couple threads and nothing else there is no exposure whats so ever so maybe we could get more people playing on there via more advertising on the main server and on the actual forums themselves.

2: Major overhaul
We need to freshen up the playing experience so maybe change around how factions are structured and played out with possibly a max of 4 factions with smaller puppet factions and the like, and a couple new twists added to make it interesting. I won't go into specifics for now.

If anything something needs to be done or else chaos will die out soon and to get the ball rolling the i.p for the current chaos server is:

orcworm.co.uk:1

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-24-2012

He's on to something, something definitely needs "adjusting" since it's just not working at the moment.

I quite like the 4 major faction idea thing, could play around with that possibly.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-24-2012

I would be willing to host one of those puppet factions and I am sure that purple would love to help me. I also think we need to find and effective way to advertise too. I think one of the ways that the Chaos server would be able to maintain a large player base is that if we get more players. It would be good for the players if they were to come on in groups, thus allowing them to team up and work together instead of one player searching for a faction that will not let him/her in. People are more confident in numbers.

****Edit**** Also as of right now we have two large factions running at the moment.(Staff and Arcadia) I think that if these factions were to host puppet factions it would allow some security for the new players. I know that our faction would be willing to build dependable bases for newcomers. This sort of seems to me like we could have (bare with me) "empires" with its different sectors. This would allow big main powers to work with its "sectors" to fight with the other big powers. I really like what Krios has put out there.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Jarvisd - 01-24-2012

No. I spent a bit advertising instead of bitching about the problem and people like purple didn't like more players. Orc also did ads etc, and we had a lot of people come peaked at around 20 and at night it went from 0 on to 10 as the low. The major problem is no one wants new players in their faction and everyone ignores new players so they just leave. The spawn camping also scares most of the people off (I have seen comments on our advertisements about this). Anyhow majority of our community can't handle pvp and they rage anytime they get raided and accuse people of hacks or 'using pearl exploit' to get in their base. We should remove chaos and make a prison server; those are more successful in both player enjoyment and monetary wise.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-24-2012

Jar, that is what Krios is suggesting though. He is saying that since big factions do not trust newcomers, they do not want them directly in their faction. That is why we would have smaller branches of the larger factions. I am sure purple would understand that this needs to be done and purple is a fairly reasonable person. I have noticed that players do come on, but they immediately leave because they have nowhere to go. Having these smaller factions would give them somewhere to go.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 01-24-2012

Jarv I'm not saying shell out money for advertising but more advertising in the main server and on the forums and I know what you mean by that, I hate to say it's complicated to solve since new players want to play in a faction but we are to untrusting to let anyone in and I admit i'm guilty of this, so either we change how factions are structured or we find some other alternative.

Edit: In response to prison servers I've played on my fair share and to my own opinion, some become too much of a grind to get any enjoyment and the major ways of earning money. Though mining mines have to be reset fairly often with a large player base and most of the time people mine out valuables and then get bored demanding resets which don't come till a long time based on player patience,

And with the fact of people not handling pvp is based on the fact they have very small factions they built themselves and to see it go to waste drives them mad where as in a contributed effort of factions they don't get mad they drive their anger in some cases towards the enemy and set out to raid them back as a team which adds to the experience.

I think that each of the big powers could have a intro faction where anybody can join. It could be like a waiting room almost. When the leader/leaders of the big powers get on they can initiate those new players into a puppet faction. It could almost be like a rank system where the players can move up in that "empire."

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Ryoman - 01-24-2012

Oh god, not a prison server...those are so boring.

What do you mean by prison server? I see this as a way for new players to enjoy the experience and the more experienced players to in a way run their own little world. I think this would be great for the Chaos server. It will help players stay on the server instead of leaving the second they join.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 01-24-2012

I know spawn camping is a major problem and unless you start handing out bans and warnings or something, spawn camping just annoys the hell out of player in the first place. Creating a faction where it is easy to join allows new players to be safe and also it provides A solution to alleviate the problem alongside enforcing some kind of punishment for spawn camping, it's just gonna be a nightmare to solve.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-25-2012

I agree to some extent. Spawn camping does drive players away. I admit that I am guilty of spawn camping. I was just thinking about that and how maybe I should sort of give the new players a chance to get out of spawn safely. Like I was saying, the intro factions or waiting rooms for new players would assure that they are safe and will be able to make it away from spawn without getting slaughtered by experienced players.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - purple_turtle - 01-25-2012

I believe that the chaos server has been great and completely agree that starting factions would be a good idea. Also jar awhile back I sarcastically said that it has become easier without all the people however now I find myself bored to death by the chaos server. A prison server could become popular however I would like to keep Chaos (Is this possible due to Orc's hardware? Perhaps an elimination of the TF2 or terraria server?) If Chaos has to die I completley understand, however if it did I would request the map as a lot of hard work has been put into it.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-25-2012

Here is another suggestion. You guys keep saying "prison server" so I came up with this idea... We have the big factions and their smaller factions, but we do not restrict players from creating their own faction. Who knows they may make a faction that may possibly rise to become a big faction. We give players the option of whether or not they want to join the big factions. We could adjust spawn to have signs with the big factions and tell about how you can join them. We could put on there that that is recommended, but they could feel a little risky and make their own and try the challenge of rising to the top.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Orcworm - 01-25-2012

Hardware won't be a limitation whatever we decide to do, especially since I'm offloading Terraria to my own server.

Also orc, if we do decide to go with having big factions that have smaller branched factions would it be possible to change the permissions where the leaders of the large faction could manage the smaller factions?